“Each day you are writing your legacy.” — Gary Vaynerchuk
It’s 20 years from now.
You are looking back at your career.
What do you see?
How will you be remembered?
Will you even be remembered?
No easy answers.
One thing is certain.
Amazing careers are the byproduct of great years.
Great years are built on productive days.
There is no better way to create your legacy than to WIN the day.
When you win the day, great years start showing up.
Jim Rohn said, “Run the day, or the day runs you.”
You are the author of your career. It’s time to start writing…
Below are Gary Vaynerchuk’s “5 Rules to Win the Day”.
These are simple, but profound.
For those not familiar with Gary V, start here.
Below each rule, I list ideas on how to apply these principles to our daily SALES hustle.
Gary V’s 5 Rules To Win the Day:
1) Be Confident
- Your confidence shows up before you do.
- Confidence starts with PREPARATION.
- Anxiety is your mind telling your body that are not fully prepared for what you are about to do.
- Preparation eats anxiety for breakfast.
2) Positive Vibes Only
- You can focus on the POSITIVE or dwell on the negative.
- Positive energy attracts. Negative energy repels.
- The choice is yours.
3) Strength Over Weakness
- Develop your strengths.
- Too many people waist time trying to upgrade their weaknesses. BIG mistake.
- The best version of you is hiding out in your undeveloped strengths.
4) Legacy > Currency
- Play the long game.
- People who focus on the short sale over the long term relationship lose.
- Think LEGACY over moment.
- HUSTLE beats talent.
- HUSTLE + TALENT = ELITE PERFORMER
- Be the first to show up.
- Be the first to follow up.
- You are responsible for the ENERGY you bring to each room you enter.
Average people have AVERAGE years.
Elite performers create REMARKABLE years.
When you look back on your career, what will YOU see?
Up to you…